October 8, 1956 4:00 PM
Ponyboy recently was told he had to stay in bed a week to recuperate. WhenI left for work, I saw some Soc at the door. I told him to get lost, but he told me he had something to say to Pony. I let him in. At work, nothing eventful happened. When I got home, I entered Pony's room. The first thing I noticed was one of my old yearbooks on the table, open to a page with Bob Sheldon. He told me, "The hearing is coming up soon. But Randy came and told me he'd testify for us."
I asked him if Randy was the Soc that was at the door. "Yes," he answered, "and he was here until Darry came and kicked him out. I don't know what I was doing." he told me. "I insisted that I had the knife, that I killed Bob, and Johnny isn't dead."
"That's normal, Ponyboy" I said, seeing the worry in his eyes. "Your friend died. Of course you're going to deny it."
"I know. I just feel like it was all my fault. If I hadn't been drowning in the fountain, he wouldn't have stabbed Bob."
"It's not your fault. You couldn't help what the Socs were doing."
"Yeah, I guess so."
"You remember that, okay?" I told him.
"Okay." he agreed.
I left his room. I was worried about him. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid.
Oct 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment