October 6, 1956 5:37 PM
Today the reporters came and interviewed Ponyboy. I could tell he didn't want to, so I stepped in and distracted them for a while. But I got bored, so I fell asleep in Darry's lap. When I woke up, we went to visit Dally and Johnny. Dally was okay. Johnny, however, was not. He had a broken back, he couldn't feel anything below his waist, and on top of it all he had third degree burns. He would be crippled for life-if he survived.
When we arrived home, Ponyboy fell asleep almost immediately. I laid down beside him and fell
asleep, too.
The next day, I got up late. Pony and Darry were already up. I ran around, looking for my work clothes. After I found them, I had to hurry to work. I quickly ate, did the dishes, and left.
When I arrived at work, my boss yelled at me. I just tuned him out and kept nodding.
When he was done, I went and started working. During the day, all I could think of was Sandy and how she had moved to Florida. I missed her a lot. I hope she reads my letter.
Oct 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment