October 6, 1956 11:47 PM
When I arrived home from work, I took a shower because we greasers always get spruced up before a rumble. When I got out, Pony was there. He told me everything that happened while I was gone. Pony and Two-Bit had gone to visit Johnny. Two-Bit left for the drugstore to get a book. Johnny's mom came. He refused to visit her and after a long battle with the nurse, he passed out. They went to visit Dally. He asked Two-Bit for his switchblade. Two-Bit gave it to him without hesitation. Dally told them that the greasers had to win that fight. Then they left.
We left for the rumble at 9:00. We walked slowly to the park, and when we arrived we waited for the Socs. They took a bit longer because they're on the other side of town. When they arrived, Darry stood up and said he would take any challenger. I couldn't believe my eyes when Paul, his old friend, came p and started fighting him. That's when it all started. The Socs just pounced on us, hitting any greaser they saw! I was fighting a big, blond haired one when Dally arrived. He had used the switchblade to get out of the hostpital. He started fighting, really well for being injured. Just then, the Soc jumped on me, kicking me hard in the chest. He was about to kick me as I lay on the ground when Two-Bit came out of nowhere and tackled him.He got up and ran away. In fact, all of them ran. We won!
Oct 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment