Oct 1, 2009

Part III: Return Of The Ponyboy

October 5, 1956 5:32 PM

This afternoon I went to Dally's place and snuck in. I looked around to see if there was anything that could help me find out where he was. I looked around and didn't find anything helpful besides that sweatshirt of Pony's. I would have taken it back, but I left it there because I didn't want Dally to know I was there. All I saw were smokes, a knife, and other everyday objects. Just then I realized that it was what I didn't see that mattered. The note I had wrote was gone! Now I knew for sure. Dally was with Pony and Johnny! Suddenly, my phone rang. I nearly jumped out of my skin because I was afraid of getting caught snooping,. I looked. It was Darry.
"Where are you?" he asked.
"I'm just hanging around" I replied.
"I'm at the hospital parking lot. Come quick." he replied. "Dally, Johnny and Ponyboy are here!"
Before he finished his sentence I was shooting out the door to my car. Ponyboy was back!

October 5, 1956 9:49 PM

When I met Darry at the hospital parking lot, we went inside. As soon as we got to the waiting room, Ponyboy jumped out of one of the seats and I hugged him. He looked so different, without his long, tuff hair. Darry looked to Ponyboy. Ponyboy looked back at him, and I could see recognition in those greenish-gray eyes. He finally understood how much Darry loved him. Pony ran up to him and gave him a big hug. And surprisingly, Darry cried! Darry NEVER cries. Even at our parents' funeral, he just sat there. But today, today was different. Today he flat out bawled. And so did I. Ponyboy was back!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah sure, its good I guess, but uh, it sorta sound like and old lady form alabama chewing on a rotten piece of green gum that tasates like mould, but great work though, yeah, great work, sure, it sounds just like Soda, Cough, yeah its ... Great :$


    Fantastic?

    ReplyDelete